Sunday, January 26, 2014

Working on Stacking Technique

Nothing really spectacular tonight as clouds started to come in but with 3+ days of winter weather coming my way I thought that I would at least try some exposures and work on my stacking technique.

My hope was to take 40 - 15 sec exposures at ISO 3200 at f/5.6 with my 250mm zoom on a Canon T2i piggy backed on my old Celestron C8. I was hoping to get a little more of blue veil nebulosity around the stars in the Pleiades but had to really push it in post processing to get what little I did. Oh, well, better luck, er, technique next time





Then I turned my attention towards Orion's Sword but this time with 15 sec exposures at ISO 1600, f/5.6, 250 mm, Canon T2i...etc. Though I took 40 exposures, I lost over 15 due to clouds slipping in. Bummer. I'll have to wait for a few days to try again. Once again I had to push the post processing beyond what I really wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment