Thursday, May 25, 2017

Sharing the Sunflower Galaxy M63 with Friends

Last night was the third night in a row to be in the obs... quite a record as of late!
We have had the pleasure of having some friends visit the past week and do last night I took them out to the obs and we did some star-gazing.
Since I can count on my Meade LX200GPS and my old XP laptop with the Meade AstroStar Suite software to work together accurately, we did some quickie astrophotography. The evening's favorite was the Sunflower Galaxy in Canes Venatici.
We took about 12 images at ISO 6400 with the average exposure time of 35 seconds with the LX200GPS with the Meade focal reducer. The camera was a Canon T2i operated by the Canon EOS utility. The focus was a bit soft, but I was just trying to give them an idea of what I do in the obs.

This is a cropped view:
Sunflower Galaxy aka M63

Here is the full frame image. As you can see it was off-centered. Again this was just a quick demo. I will return to it later and give it my full attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment