Monday, October 14, 2019

Star-crossed under a Full Moon !

Sometimes I wishing my star pics were more appealing with the effect of light crosses, but my refractor scope doesn't produce them.

No problem!



A trick of photography can gave me images with a more "artistic" feel by simply adding a metal screen over such a telescope. I used a metal screen with 1/2 square openings and placed it over the objective lens (after framing and focusing).

The result is that the bright stars will have those star-crosses while not ruining any nebulosity.

By the way, this image was created under a FULL MOON last night! Enjoy!

Data: 80mm refractor (480mm focal length)
Canon T3i body unmodded
400 ISO  at f/5.6
2 frames stacked with DeepSkyStacker = 4 minutes
Post processed with Luminar 2018
Cropped 50%

No comments:

Post a Comment