Wednesday, May 8, 2019

SUCCESS with Meade LX200GPS tracking! M 3



M 3 globular star cluster
DATA: One exposure, 7 minutes, 1600 iso, Canon T3i
UNCROPPED !  NO STACKING!

It may not seem like much but I was able to get my largest telescope to track it for this single shot for 7 minutes! And I could have gone much longer, only it would not have helped this subject matter.

First time ever being able track accurately with with my Meade LX200GPS 8" scope, prime focus for astrophotography!

I was also surprised by the high level of contrast which I did not expect from this kind of telescope.


I did encounter a problem getting the needed two computer programs to communicate simultaneously with the Meade mount. Turns out I needed to use TWO separate RS232 cables, one in each RS232 port, to connect to my laptop computer. Then I have each program use a dedicated cable COM port and WALLA! No problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment